Reading with our son is one of the things that I cherish the most. Every night we devote 15 minutes to reading with him and it is my favorite time of the day.
Not only is reading aloud to your children a way to expand their vocabulary and set them up for reading success in the future, but it is a wonderful way to incorporate calm into your evening.
Here is a list of my favorite chapter books that we have read (not ranked in order of favorites … we love them all!). I hope you and your children enjoy them as much as we do!
1. Nate the Great by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
2. Olivia Sharp by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
3. My Father’s Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett
4. Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne
5. Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater
6. Stuart Little by E.B. White
7. Mercy Watson Series by Kate DiCamillo
8. The Frog and Toad Collection by Arnold Lobel
9. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
10. Zoey and Sassafras Series by Asia Citro